In Hope I Byde

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mt. Borah July 2005

Blake Slater and I attempted the ascent of Idaho's tallest mountain peak Mt. Borah.  We did it with the help of some friends from Boise PD, Dan Barber and Craig Devaney.

I can remember getting a little ahead of myself on the way up and eventually got a spell of altitude sickness that lasted for about a half hour.  I was able to continue after taking some aspirin and chugging down some Gatorade that Craig was kind enough to share, I had brought only water.

For those that have not tried to summit Borah I can tell you that it is very taxing on your knees, especially on the way down.


About Mt. Borah
Elevation: 12655 feet / 3860 m

Located 21 miles north of Mackay and 33 miles south of Challis off of Hwy. 93.

There was a 7.3 magnitude earthquake here in 1983.  The line across the base of the mountain that appears to be a road or a trail is really an earthquake fault line.







































Dan Barber, Me, and Craig Devaney
Craig, Dan, and Blake Slater









































Chicken Out Ridge






























Dan's GPS, a bit off the 12,662.


I made it. 



Adding our name to the list.









No comments:

Post a Comment