In Hope I Byde

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bear Valley September 2005

Bear Valley hot springs is located in the Boise National Forest, Frank Church River of No Return wilderness.  It is NW of Lowman, near Stanley off of Hwy. 21.  The hot springs is also located near Blue Bunch Mountain which stands at 8734 ft.


Log/Lat:  N 44.639/ W -115.239
Elevation: 6360 ft / 1938 m

One of my favorite trips I have taken because it is the only trip that my dad and brother have made together.  All three of us were able to explore this area for the first time.  We didn't (I didn't) pay close enough attention to the trail beta and as a consequence we started the hike on the wrong side of the river.  This made the easy, one mile to the river crossing very steep and perilous but we survived.  We figured it out on the trek out.  Ah memories.




My hero.

Brad

Me with way too heavy gear.



We should be on the left side of the river.  Oops.




This exact photo was featured in Backpacker Magazine.  
























This is our serious pose.

My serious pose.

Stoic.


I love this photo.





Three McCains.











Hot Springs.


























No comments:

Post a Comment