In Hope I Byde

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bear Valley July 2009, Cooper's First Backpacking Trip

Bear Valley hot springs is located in the Boise National Forest, Frank Church River of No Return wilderness.  It is NW of Lowman, near Stanley off of Hwy. 21.  The hot springs is also located near Blue Bunch Mountain which stands at 8734 ft.

Log/Lat:  N 44.639/ W -115.239
Elevation: 6360 ft / 1938 m


Decided to take the Kern's to Bear Valley and show them my secret spot.  This was Cooper's first trip and he had a blast.  I'm glad Brody was along, but unfortunately I didn't get the one on one time I wanted for his first trip.



Brody and Cooper running across bridge.
Kody, Rachel, and Doug checkin gear.









Took forever to get this photo.

Coop is wearing his Wicked Tinkers shirt.







Scene after I shoowed off the naked hot springers.
Hot spring pools in rocky area just to the right.



Another attempt at a wood burning stove.
Metal grate was a good idea, but it melted eventually.



Always have deer in camp at night.



Morning dip.






Yes that really is a cast iron dutch oven that Rachel
is filling up.  Doug is "working" in the background.



My angel.



Forever playing soldier.  Scene from behind fort.

Girls can play at war too.


Golite trail short blow out.

No fear, got a fly and tippet.

I'm glad Greer is not afraid of snakes.



Not pretty, but functional.  Still using the shorts today.

Yum fish.







I couldn't drag Greer away from this spot.










Yep,, Greer is still fishing.




No comments:

Post a Comment