In Hope I Byde

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hells Canyon Snake River Trail May 2006

Left Nampa around 12:30 a.m. and drove to Pittsburg landing outside of Riggins.  I several hours in my car trying to get a couple hours of sleep and it didn't work out so well.
Got an early jump on the trail and met up with a small group of hikers from Montana.  Trailed them for most of the way, however they didn't really seem into adding an Idahoan.
Hells Canyon Snake River Trail:
The full length of this trip would be 54 miles, elevation gain of approx. 5300 ft, however I only did about half of that before heading back to the trailhead. The trail starts at Pittsburg landing and follows the Snake River all the way to the dam.
Hells Canyon is North America's deepest river gorge, even deeper than the Grand Canyon, and falls 8000 ft. below Idaho's He Devil Peak in the Seven Devil's Mountain.




Corollas were not designed for sleeping in.
































































Woke up to a rattlesnake in front of my tent door.


First experiment with a tarp system.















This is the scene I had during the rain storm in which
I had to remove the vegetable soup out of my system that
didn't agree with me.
Naked on the banks of the Snake
River.




No comments:

Post a Comment